THE COOK FOR CHANGE CHALLENGE
- A platform to showcase culinary skills of our uniquely abled friends. Our flagshup programme aims to provide assured livelihood opportunities for individuals with developmental disabilities.
- Competition top prize – 2 months professional training at SK Kitchens and an opportunity to cook with Chef Sanjeev Kapoor in his restaurant – Yellow Chilli Kitchen, Dadar
- Regular workshops for the runners up at Chef Sanjeev Kapoor’s professional kitchen to improve their skills
- Outdoor workshop activity with eco-enterprise D-ERT, The Earth Shop at Pixie Dust Urban Community Farm to promote the farm-ability of eco-friendly enthusiasts and differently abled individuals.
- A platform for the local community to recognise a shared interest of organic farming with differently abled individuals, thereby promoting inclusivity.
- With food being a common zest among some of our fellow Change Makers, Veruschka Foundation aims to join tables with organisations who offer cookery as part of their curriculum / vocational activities for individuals with developmental
- Serving Change aims to provide work experience for our budding Chefs in a mainstream food business who wish to pursue cookery as a career
CULINARIS COOKERY COURSE
- Collaborative initiative with Andrew’s College, CCHMCT and organisations engaged with Developmental disabilities having an interest for cooking.
- Opportunity for differently abled individuals to get a diploma in food and beverage
- Awareness session organised by Forum for Autism and Sunshine School, Vashi.
- CEO of Veruscka Foundation – Tatyana Dias explained facts about stem cell therapy to parents and general public.