THE COOK FOR CHANGE CHALLENGE
Launchpad of Veruschka Foundation
- A platform to showcase the culinary skills of our uniquely abled Our flagship programme aims to provide assured livelihood opportunities for individuals with Developmental disabilities.
- The Challenge hosted 27 participants out of which 18 were differently abled and were cheered on by an audience of 150 comprising of their friends and family along with the well wishers of Veruschka
- Competition top prize – 2 months professional training in the SK Kitchens and an opportunity to work with Chef Sanjeev Kapoor at The Yellow Chilli Kitchen, Dadar.
- Regular workshops for the runners up at Chef Sanjeev Kapoor’s professional kitchen to improve their skills.
From Farm to Food with a Difference
- Outdoor Workshop Activity with eco-enterprise D-ERT, The Earth Shop at Pixie Dust Urban Community Farm to promote the farm-ability of eco-friendly enthusiasts and individuals with developmental disabilities.
- A platform for the local community to recognise a shared interest of organic farming with differently abled individuals, thereby promoting inclusivity.
- Around 60 individual with Developmental disabilities from 12 organisations in Mumbai including those who are home bound have participated across 2 editions of this inclusive workshop. We also welcomed the participation of around 30 special educators, parents and volunteers from the local community.
Taste the Difference
- With food being a common zest among some of our fellow Change Makers, Veruschka Foundation aims to join tables with organisations who offer cookery as part of their curriculum / vocational activities for individuals with developmental
- Serving Change aims to provide work experience for our budding Chefs in a mainstream food business who wish to pursue cookery as a career
CULINARIS COOKERY COURSE
Empowering Individuals with Developmental Disabilities
- Collaborative initiative with Andrew’s College, CCHMCT and organisations engaged with Developmental disabilities having an interest for cooking.
- Opportunity for differently abled individuals to get a diploma in food and beverage